Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nubble Light - Sound the Alarm


Well, Madelyn is still up. So that means that were still up. So what better to do then to post a quick blog entry?

I think Teressa had a long day today. There are several ways that I know that...

A) When I call her, I can hear the kids in the background even louder and more clear than I can hear her voice.

B) When the kids voices get even louder, she says "I gotta go." (ha ha)

C) And third, Teressa has fallen asleep while talking or doing other things several times tonight.

I'm praying that the kids will want to get lots and lots of sleep tonight. They are really very good sleepers, its just that they inherited a few things from me, and one of them is liking to party until dawn. Don't they know it's bed time?

We finished a newsletter today. That's always good news! We hope that our supporters and friends are encouraged by the Lord's faithfulness and by some of the things he has been doing in our lives, and in the lives of so many in Asia.

Prayer was a blessing at GFA tonight. One of our leaders shared about "remembering where you came from and who you are." What a good example our leaders are when it comes to remaining humble and dependent on the Lord. That message has had me thinking tonight. Where has the Lord brought me from? Who am I, apart from Christ? If he hadn't so passionately pursued me, loved me, forgiven me, taught me, and cleansed me, what would I look like? I would be a lazy bum, a mean-spirited punk, a selfish guy with no friends. Without Christ guiding me, I honestly can't think of many wise things that I have ever done, but I can think of hundreds of people that I have hurt and thousands of mistakes I have made. Jesus Christ living in me is truly my only hope, and anything good that has come out of my life has been graciously given and done through his mercy.

1 Corinthians 1:26-31 (The Message) "Take a good look, friends, at who you were when you got called into this life. I don't see many of "the brightest and the best" among you, not many influential, not many from high-society families. Isn't it obvious that God deliberately chose men and women that the culture overlooks and exploits and abuses, chose these "nobodies" to expose the hollow pretensions of the "somebodies"? That makes it quite clear that none of you can get by with blowing your own horn before God. Everything that we have—right thinking and right living, a clean slate and a fresh start—comes from God by way of Jesus Christ. That's why we have the saying, "If you're going to blow a horn, blow a trumpet for God."

I also thought I would include this photo I took last month of Nubble Light. It's a famous lighthouse in York, Maine that we stopped at while heading to the airport. Ava had so much fun watching the waves crash up on the rocks. I didn't have a tripod but was able to snap a few photos. I have always liked lighthouses for some reason. I think mostly because they illustrate our call as believers to sound the alarm. Each of us are called to turn on our sirens and lights and warn those near us about the impending doom awaiting them if they continue on their current course. There are large rocks ahead that will shatter them and many have perished before them. I pray that the boldness and love that comes from Christ will abound in our lives and will flow like rivers of living water out of us.

Good night.

No comments: