Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You my Hunny!

Tonight, I came home from work and Ava looked at me and said "You my Hunny!"

It was wonderfully hilarious. I guess that has been her word for today. Teressa heard her saying "Honey Honey" this morning because she had heard it on Winnie the Pooh in the past. Then Teressa told her "Your my honey and Dada is my honey!" That was it. For the rest of today, everyone has been her honey and it's so cute when she says it.



Last night, Ava learned something new. She sort of knew it before, but now, she knows for sure. The Ice Cream man returned. She had just finished dinner and was standing by my chair. She heard this pretty music going down the street and she just looked at the window. She then went over to the window sill and looked for the sound with a curious face, because she knew she had heard this melody before. As I looked at her pig-tailed sillouette staring out the window in awe, I knew that was it. I needed to take her outside and get her a treat. There was no overpriced ice cream bar that was going to stand in my way.

I think it's safe to say that she will know exactly what that is the next time she hears those tunes. But too bad she probably won't have cute pigtails in, and she'll have to settle for whatever is in the freezer...


While in Maine, we visited the house where Teressa's grandpa Frank grew up. It was so neat to see the yard that he played in, the trees that he climbed, the fields that he walked through and... my absolute favorite part... the view that he looked out on. The above photo was taken in Grandpa Frank's back yard. Beautiful eh?

The mountain back there is Mt. Katahdin. It is the highest point in Maine and is the beginning of the Appalachian Trail.



This is a large pile of wood in Grandpa Frank's back yard.

Fuel for the Winter.

Somehow my Direct Energy bill seems a lot less messy.

But it doesn't smell as good when it burns...


No comments: