Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ava Loves Being Two!

Ava had a great time at her second birthday party last weekend. And it was actually pretty nice weather for a Texas Summer. I had my doubts when I saw the high of 99 degrees, but it ended up being a pretty dry day and it's amazing how much fun you can have when the humidity goes on vacation.


Let's start the party off with a picture of the delicious bluberry muffins that Teressa made for Ava's Birthday Breakfast!


My friend Dave came over and joined us. He brought a pink baseball from the baseball team that he works with and Ava has been throwing it all over the house this week. I grew up with Dave in Northeast PA and it's funny how we both ended up in North Dallas. I guess we are living out that bumper sticker... "I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could."


Hope Claire is enjoying that burger. A lot of the burger grease hit the flames at the same time and I got an "instant tan" while making them.


My nephew Hayden is growing so tall! He and some of the older kids had fun in this wild sprinkler toy we set up, while some of the younger kids (and braver adults) played in the pool.


This is my friend Robot.
If you ask him his name, he'll tell you it's Casey.
But come on... look at those arm movements...



Rachael and Sarah, I want to publicly thank you again so much for helping clean up!
(Chip)


This is Matt.
And I thought a man with his creativity needed a more unique photo.


Daniel and Princess Pampers.
Thanks Danny for helping take a lot of photos!


It just happens to be Summer's birthday today.
Summer, I hope Casey got you a princess hat to wear today, just like Ava's!


Sarah, Ava loves her new cooking apron!!


Corinna, Ava is loving her dump truck!
The other day, I asked her to go get me something. She drove the truck over there, loaded it into the truck and then drove it over to me.




Happy 2nd birthday Ava!!







Ava definitely doesn't need anyone to teach her how to open presents anymore. She had started opening them about three times before it was time. But she blew a lot of kisses to those who got her gifts and she yelled "Thank you" often.






I really enjoyed watching Evie play with her shadow for a few minutes.
Child wonder.
Too fun.


One of these things is not like the other.



Colton would start shivering if he got out of the water for too long.
But his shivers were so cute.
So I took a photo first. And then helped him get warm. :-)
But when we took a slide and put it into the pool, Colton was the first to run up to it. He loved it and that ended up being a big hit for the kids.




I don't know everything about 2 year olds.
Especially since Ava has been 2 for only 7 days.
But I do know that she has given me many more hugs.
And has told me "I love you Dada" more often.
So, thus far, I endorse children being two.




Sorry, I didn't get a good photo of these Strawberry Cupcakes that Teressa made.
I wish I could mail these to some extended family that don't live nearby. :-)


Birthday Hat: Gift from last year.
# 2 Candle that wouldn't light in wind: .49 cents
Cupcake Ingredients: .65 cents
Watching your little girl's smile as she devours dessert to the point of licking the plate: Priceless

Is the word priceless overused? Most probably





Daddy's little Girl


Ava got some baby dolls that talk to each other from her Grandma and she has been playing with them everyday.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH my word! SO many good photos. love the pic of Sally and also the one of Matt...oh, and also Casey, but mostly kudos on the caption for that one. Also, the first one of tony and ava and the one of ava with her candle. oh, and the one of erika and tress. that was a great birthday party. i had a blast.